Storage Tips & Tricks
- Get as many boxes as you think you will need (if possible, try to use uniform size boxes for easy stacking), tape, markers and packing material (i.e. foam shipping noodles, bubble wrap, packing paper or towels).
- Make a list of your items in the storage unit and keep it in a safe place.
- Prepare your storage unit by either placing a protective cover on the floor under your items or on pallets to guard against dampness. Unfortunately, any concrete floor may become cold and damp.
- Plan your storage space by placing those items that you may need to access in the front.
- CAUTION! Do not store anything COMBUSTIBLE (i.e., Paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paint, etc.)
- Try to leave an aisle down the center of the storage unit for easier access and leave a small space between the walls and boxes to allow for air to circulate around your items.
- Stack heavier boxes on the bottom and lighter boxes on top
- Be sure your boxes are strong enough to hold 25-30 pounds.
- List the contents of your boxes on all four sides so you know what is in them and seal with tape.
- Breakable items should be wrapped in paper and packed in sturdy boxes.
- Pictures and mirrors should be wrapped in cardboard and marked “FRAGILE” and stacked in the storage unit where they are safe from damage.
- Use furniture with drawers as storage places for pictures, knick-knacks, china, silverware, small items, etc. You can use tablecloths, towels or blankets to wrap them with and prevent breakage.
- Larger appliances make a great place to store blankets, towels, tablecloths and clothes.
- Put TV’s and other electronics in the rear of your unit, up off the floor.
- Shovels, rakes and hoses can be stored in empty trash cans.
- Tables with removable legs should be broken down to save space.
- Sofas and love seats can be stored on end to save floor space and should be covered with cardboard or blankets to protect them. Do not store heavy boxes on your furniture.
- Wipe down any items made of metal (bikes, metal tables, tools, etc.), with machine oil to prevent rusting.
Do I Need?
5 x 10 Units Discounted
Limited Time Only
24 Hr Video Surveillance